This post may contain affiliate links
Following the success of the original Excess, Old Blood Noise Endeavors have just released a brand new version of the pedal, the Excess V2.
One side of the Excess V2 Distorting Modulator offers three different sounds: Delay, Chorus, or Harmonized Fifths. The other side is home to a distortion circuit. The Excess V2 gives you the ability to run both sides of the pedal individually, together in series (with order switching) or together in parallel – giving you tons of room for sonic exploration.
Here’s a more detailed look at the features of Excess V2:
- Modulation section with three modulation modes: Delay, Chorus, Fifth (accessible via a toggle switch). Each of these effects can be controlled with the Time, Depth, and Volume knobs.
- Distortion section with controls for Gain, Tone, and Volume.
- Order Switching (via a toggle switch) to run distortion into modulation, modulation into distortion, or both effects together in parallel.
- True bypass with soft-touch switching.
- Rate and Depth settings can be controlled with an expression pedal
- Internal potentiometer to set wet/dry mix of the Modulation section
For more information on the Excess V2 Distorting Modulator, head over to the Old Blood Noise Endeavors website.